PODCASTS ARE AN IMMENSE JOY. I listen to dozens of shows and episodes a week on business, science, religion, humanities and all things in between.
Which Business Podcasts do I never miss?
1. Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn is a fantastic resource for ideas on digital product creation, licensing, distribution and marketing. Pat is the author of Let Go, a memoir charting his career from aspiring architect to highly successful digital entrepreneur. His podcasts are packed full of ideas, insight and interviews with leading digital business entrepreneurs. If you are looking for fresh thinking, additional leverage or new business models then check out Smart Passive Income.
2. The HBR IdeaCast from Harvard Business Review is a must listen for ‘thinking junkies’. It covers an eclectic set of topics from cognition and psychology through sector news and innovation. Learn better negotiation skills, an ideal schedule for your brain, body language secrets and communication skills all from a single and highly credible source. A polymath’s dream!
3. Entrepreneur on Fire with John Lee Dumas is an uptempo show awash with valuable lessons. Hear the stories of successful entrepreneurs, how they overcame low-points, set-backs and adversity and what steps you can take to both avoid their mistakes and capitalize on their successes.
4. TED Talks Audio – TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) is THE premier source for gourmet brain food. If your creativity needs a boost, spend some time with their amazing resources. Use TED to trigger lateral thinking and soon adjacent, parallel and downright left-field business ideas will come flooding into the creative brain.
5. The Ziglar Show – Zig Ziglar was a sensational motivator, speaker and leader. His son Tom Ziglar presents the Ziglar Show with co-host Kevin Miller, sharing Zig’s wisdom and inspiring philosophy. If you are unfamiliar with Zig Ziglar I cannot recommend highly enough that you check out his books and videos. To get started, check out Ziglar.com.
6. The Tim Ferriss Show – Tim is the author of the New York Times bestseller, the “The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich.” The show is another eclectic spread of topics from investing to chess to pro-sports with a clinical focus on uncovering tips, techniques and tools that can be used, adapted and transposed to new situations.
7. The Investors Podcast – I was fist attracted to this podcast because of its tagline “we study billionaires.” As Napoleon Hill studied the 500 most influential men in his formulation of “Think and Grow Rich”, or Tony Robbins did in his latest book “Money: Master the Game”, the Investors Podcast follows a similar path. Interviews and insight from the most successful businessmen and women of our time. This podcast name checks Pat Flynn, Tony Robbins, Warren Buffet, Mark Cuban, Napoleon Hill, Charles Koch and Jeff Bezos, deep dives into investing strategies, innovations like Bitcoin and the latest books from the likes of Malcolm Gladwell, Robert Cialdini and Peter Thiel.
Listicle as a Mindmap
If like me you are a visual thinker, you want your Listicle as a picture as well – and here it is…
Ok, I’m breaking a cardinal rule of listicles, but we all love bonus content, so here are some more excellent podcasts I rarely miss…
- Stacking Benjamins
- The Daily Boost
- The Guardian Tech Weekly Podcast
- 60-second Mind (by Scientific American)
- The $100 MBA Show
I really appreciate you taking time to stop by and checking out the list. I very much hope you enjoy the podcasts and find them as valuable as I do. Please share the list with anyone you think would appreciate and enjoy…